If you have been thinking about ways in which you can make a positive environmental impact, then I have a simple suggestion for you….participate in Blog Action Day.
What is Blog Action Day?
On October 15th, bloggers around the web will unite by publishing posts which call attention to our environment. Major blogs have signed up to participate, including Lifehacker, Dumb Little Man, and Lifehack.org. Real Estate blog friends include: RE Revealed, Agent Solutions and Every Kid Deserves a Yard.
How can I get involved in Blog Action Day?
The best way to participate is to publish a post on your blog which relates to an aspect of our environment that you are passionate about. For example, if your blog focuses on real estate technology then write about a new technology which makes real estate more environmentally friendly, or perhaps sustainable real estate practices. There are numerous articles on the web about real estate going green. Or check out the following ideas:
- Smart Home Improvement
- Products and services for an eco-friendly household
- Realtors Go Green (businesses making a difference in their local area)
- Homeowners Go Green: tips real people can do to make a difference everyday
- Green architecture and changes made in housing developments
- The Green Commute: lessening your fuel impact on the environment
- The Green Roof: Urban dwellings establish green roof system
- Solar Powered Credit for Homeowners offered by PG&E
- Local Threatened or Endangered Species
- Developers face eco-friendly rules for building
Register your blog
Before writing your post I urge you to visit BlogActionDay.org to learn more about this environmental call to action, as well as register your blog. The site is keeping track of all the blogs that have committed to participating. Visit http://blogactionday.org/commit to register.
Other things you can do
You can also participate in Blog Action Day by posting a banner on your site or by donating your day’s blog earnings to an environmental charity of your choice.