Do you have duplicate contacts in your real estate database? If so, you know that removing those duplicates can be a daunting project unless you are running the new Microsoft Excel 2007 or know visual basic. However there is a really cool add-in by Brett at VBA Express that will do the trick, and you don’t have to buy any new technology. Simply download the handy Excel Add-In titled “The Duplicate Master” for Excel 2000 and later. With this add-in you can filter out those duplicates by cells, entire rows or even multiple workbooks.
Use this Excel Add-In for your real estate business if you would like to:
- Highlight duplicate cells
- Delete duplicate cells
- Extract unique cells or rows
- Extract and count the number of duplicate cells or rows
- Run a row match on any number of columns
Instructions for installing the add-in:
- Extract the “The Duplicate Master” for Excel.
- Open Excel and select Tools, Add-In and then select Browse. Now locate the add-in file we have saved top the computer.
- Select The Duplicate master.xla and select OK.
- Check The Duplicate Master.
- Now look for the new options in the Tools menu. You’ll see The Duplicate Master.